This eye cream is a heavenly scented wonder retailing at Sephora for $48 for 15ml/0.5oz of product. Ole Henriksen is a cruelty-free brand that is certified by PETA. They offer a variety of intriguing and unique products. This one, in particular, has achieved cult status.
This Vitamin C packed cream is colored yellow, which helps to brighten the eye area and reduce the appearance of under-eye darkness. It is the pigment that gives the impression of brighter, more alert eyes while the Vitamin C component delivers a long term brightening effect. There are many good and not so good points about this cream.
- It smells divine. Let’s face facts I love it just for the smell
- Banana powder pigment does brighten the eye area
- It is a beautiful, lightweight moisturizer that doesn’t make the eyes feel heavy
- Doesn’t cause breakouts
- Cruelty-free company
Not so good:
- Don’t fall for ‘Collagen boosted’ claims. Collagen is basically useless in topical applications
- Citrus extracts can be hard for people sensitive to them
- The fragrance may be hard for some people
- There is no listing on the packaging indicating the amount of Vitamin C in the package, so it is hard to tell how long it would take to see a sustained effect
If you are looking for a cream that will color correct, look good, feel good and smell good, then this may just be your new baby. If on the other hand, you have an effective eye cream that you like, I would recommend using a banana pigment with your regular eye cream to deliver the same effect without spending the extra money. This product was a hit when it arrived on the market last year and has now been followed up with the Banana Bright Face Primer (review appearing next week.)
Do I like it, yes? Do you need it? Not so much. If you go to Sephora ask to try a sample of the product and see for yourself. Then let me know what you decided.
As described on the Sephora website:
Which skin type is it good for?
What it is:
A brightening, vitamin C-rich eye crème that targets signs of aging, reducing the look of dark circles while improving concealer application and wear—inspired by makeup artist secret, banana powder.
– Fine lines and wrinkles
– Dark circles
If you want to know more…
Wake up before you makeup. Banana Bright Eye Crème brightens, instantly targets fine lines and wrinkles, and reduces the look of dark circles, delivering age-defying results. Collagen-boosted, it firms and deeply hydrates even as it feels deliciously lightweight. It is formulated with powerful vitamin C to help revive and illuminate the entire eye area over time.
Inspired by the makeup artist must-have—”banana powder”—this subtly sunny cream contains special pigments to instantly brighten and color-correct the eye area. But that’s not all: it creates a smooth, well-rested canvas and improves concealer wear. Dark circles—diminished. Crow’s-feet—conquered. Now, go conquer the day with your refreshed and revived Ole Glow®!
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
In addition to making this cream both feather-light and nutrient-packed, Ole drew inspiration from a makeup artist secret he observed during his years of on-camera work: banana powder. Its pale yellow tint is designed to instantly brighten and color-correct, making it the perfect prep step for concealer. It features the same sweet, energizing citrus scent as bestselling Truth Serum.
This product is a Women’s Health 2018 Beauty Award winner.
In an independent, clinical study on 37 women using Banana Bright Eye Crème over 4 weeks:
– 94% of users experienced a reduction in the look of fine lines and wrinkles by an average of 40%
In a consumer study on 37 women, after 1 use:
– 100% of users agreed the eye cream blurs the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
– 100% of users agreed the eye cream brightens dull and tired-looking eyes
– 97% of users agreed the eye cream improves the look of makeup
– 95% of users agreed the eye cream provides a smooth base for makeup application
In a consumer study on 37 women, after 4 weeks:
– 95% of users agreed the eye cream keeps makeup looking fresh all day
– 95% of users agreed the eye cream reduces signs of fatigue
– 92% of users agreed the eye cream corrects signs of aging around the eyes
– 92% of users agreed the eye cream reduces the appearance of visible signs of aging
-Vitamin C: Targets visible signs of aging.
-Collagen: Helps improve skin’s youthful elasticity.
Water, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Isododecane, Coconut Alkanes, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Polyglyceryl-3 Rice Branate, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Cetearyl Alcohol, 3-0-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Glycerin, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Cocoyl Proline, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylate-13, Mica, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Polyglyceryl-6 Ricinoleate, Polyglyceryl-6 Caprylate, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Polyglyceryl-3 Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Polyisobutene, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Parfum/Fragrance, Tamarindus Indica Seed Polysaccharide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbic Acid, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Propanediol, Vegetable Collagen, Aroma/Flavor, Ascorbic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Pullulan, Nannochloropsis Oculata Extract, Linolenic Acid, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.
You may wish to give this product a pass if:
- You are allergic to Dimethicone
- You are sensitive to Jojoba Oil
- You dislike fragrance
- You want a Vegan company
Have you tried this cream? What was your experience with it? Let me know in the comments below or chime in on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram @everydaybeaut11. Find us on Flipboard at Beauty to the Test magazine. Don’t forget to click the subscribe button so that you are notified every time we publish.