Retailing at Sephora for $84 per 1.7oz/50ml jar, this cream smells good, looks luxe with packaging to match. Tatcha is a darling of the K-beauty world, and it is easy to understand why. They make amazing products without any of the things that you don’t want in a product such as SLS’s, Parabens, Phthalates, Triclosan while being all the things you want in a company: Vegan, Cruelty- Free and Gluten free. This cream is refreshing in the way it delivers on its promise of a healthy glow.
Promising to provide anti-oxidants, and pollution protection this cream is packed with botanicals, Algae, and Japanese Purple Rice. Japanese Purple rice is supposed to be an anti-oxidant that helps skin recover from the effects of daily pollution.
My skin is at best arid like the Sahara desert. I am always on the search for long-lasting moisture that makes my skin look hydrated but, not weighed down. The packaging is very standard for the price range, as usual, I would have liked to see a pump dispenser instead of a jar for hygienic reasons. The cream itself is purple and smells so good. Yum. The feel is light on the skin, and it completely absorbs in seconds.
I found that it made my skin glow. For hours after application. Not a greasy glow, just radiant. The scent fades quickly but, the beautiful effect remains. Even with twice a day use, this product lasts for a significant period which makes it a reasonable return on investment.
I used this product under makeup, I did find that it made my T-zone oil up a bit quicker. Makeup didn’t slip around so much as not stay matte. I did try this both with and without primers, and powders. I used a matte foundation for all applications. On its own, this product provided a glowy just out of the shower visage. I didn’t have any breakouts with this product. However, it did emphasize my pores in a bit of an unflattering way. Overall, I think this is a suitable product that is definitely worth checking out.
As described on the Sephora website:
What it is: A rich cream that feeds skin with plumping hydration and antioxidant-packed Japanese purple rice for a dewy, healthy glow.
Skin Type: Normal and Dry
Skincare Concerns: Dryness, Dullness and Uneven Texture, and Loss of Firmness and Elasticity
Formulation: Rich Cream
– Japanese Purple Rice: Packed with nutrients and known for its ability to survive any harsh environment, it has long been used to celebrate longevity and vitality; rich in anthocyanin, a strong antioxidant, it helps skin recover from and protect against stress, pollution, and UV damage for healthier-looking skin.
– Okinawa Algae Blend and Hyaluronic Acid: Captures water to help replenish skin’s natural moisture reservoir, immediately leaving skin soft, comforted, and deeply nourished; helps to replenish ceramides to ensure optimum skin barrier function, aiding in the reduction of future moisture loss, for skin that is visibly smooth and plump with hydration.
– Botanical Extracts: From ginseng, wild thyme, and sweet marjoram; nourishes skin, enhancing its natural ability to retain and release moisture as needed, and imparts a dewy glow.
Ingredient Callouts: This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free. It comes in recyclable packaging.
What Else You Need to Know: This cream intensely hydrates and seals in moisture, helping to replenish ceramides for a healthy bounce and instant luminosity. A fermentation of Japanese anti-aging superfoods—green tea, rice, and algae—helps skin to look its most beautiful at any age.
Clinical Results: In an expert grader survey of 20 subjects, after 2 weeks:
– 100% experienced an increase in hydration
– 100% experienced an improvement in the radiance of their skin
– 100% experienced an improvement in the plumpness of their skin
– 100% experienced an improvement in the texture of their skin
– 95% experienced an improvement in firmness
Clean at Sephora
When you spot our Clean seal, you can be sure we’ve checked that this brand’s product is made without the ingredients you told us you’d most like to avoid.
Clean at Sephora™ is formulated without:
Sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, triclocarban. All skincare, hair, and makeup brands with the Clean Seal have less than one percent of synthetic fragrances.
Water, Saccharomyces/Camellia Sinensis Leaf/Cladosiphon Okamuranus/Rice Ferment Filtrate*, Glycerin, Propanediol, Dimethicone, Squalane, Diisostearyl Malate, Behenyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Betaphycus Gelatinum Extract, Eisenia Arborea Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Origanum Majorana Leaf Extract, Thymus Serpyllum Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Inositol, Gold, Sericin, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Butylene Glycol, Beheneth-20, Sorbitan Tristearate, Disodium Edta, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Dimethylacrylamide Crosspolymer, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Sorbitan Isostearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Tin Oxide (Ci 77861), Violet 2 (Ci 60725). *Hadasei-3.
You may wish to give this product a pass if:
- You are allergic to Dimethicone
What is your favorite Tatcha product? Let me know in the comments below or chime in on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram @everydaybeaut11. Find us on Flipboard at Beauty to the Test magazine. Click the subscribe button, so you are notified when we publish.