This spray recently appeared at Walmart retailing for $13. There are two types, calming featuring Aloe, Chamomile and Vitamin B3 with a mild scent; and Energizing featuring Bergamot, Vitamin C and Vitamin B3, with a smell to absolutely dying for. Needless to say, you can guess which one I picked.
The Energizing spray is a spray mist that is designed to invigorate and refresh the skin. It is not a setting spray although I would guess that you could use it as such. Hyped to offer extra moisture to the skin that will perk you up and get you going, I couldn’t wait to try it. The mister does an excellent job of providing a fine mist. The product itself smells lovely. The actual efficacy and viability of the product is a different matter entirely.
I can’t say that I noticed any kind of difference. To me, it was no different than a fine water spray. It smells great, but in less than a minute I went ‘nose-blind’ to the smell. Did it hydrate my skin? Not noticeably. Was it worth $13? Not really. If you like the idea of a little extra moisture spray, then I would say give it a try and see if you want it. It was not for me.
As described on the Olay website:
Need a boost? Transform tired looking skin with Olay Energizing Mist Face Spray. When skin feels exhausted, wake up its senses with the revitalizing and hydrating benefits of a Vitamin C, Bergamot and Vitamin B3 mist. Every cloudlike mist instantly quenches and energizes, leaving your face looking bright and makeup looking refreshed. With Olay Mists in your skin care routine, formulated with botanical ingredients and fresh fragrances, you’ll do more than hydrate—you’ll transport your senses and your mind.
- HYDRATING GLOW: Facial mist instantly absorbs to hydrate dull, dry & tight skin
- ENERGIZING SPRAY: Microfine mist of Vitamin C & Bergamot helps wake up skin instantly
- VITAMIN C & BERGAMOT: Helps revitalize, refresh & energize skin to look bright & recharged
- QUENCHES SKIN: Replenishing water lost during the day, Olay Mists instantly increases hydration by 60% for skin that glows
- ON THE GO HYDRATION: Use throughout the day for an instant boost in hydration
- FREE & CLEAR: No oils, parabens & artificial colors or dyes
Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Verbena Officinalis Leaf Extract, PEG-32, Caprylyl Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance
You may wish to give this product a pass if:
- You are allergic to Fragrance
- You are sensitive to Citrus extracts(grapefruit)
- You want a cruelty-free brand
- You want a Vegan brand
Have you tried this new spray from Olay? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below or chime in on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram @everydaybeaut11. Find us on Flipboard at Beauty to the Test magazine. Don’t forget to click the follow button so that you are notified every time we publish.