Hummus, my favorite snack. Well, nachos are my favorite snack, and I put hummus on nachos. Stop looking at me like that, it’s TASTY. Hummus is a great Vegan dish, high in protein, makes a delicious snack, works well with pita chips, nacho chips, veggies, even with mashed potatoes…ok, now you can give me that look. The variations on what can be put into the hummus are extensive. Below is a quick hummus recipe that was initially on Allrecipes.com. I have detailed my additions in red. Try it.
- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp of Cilantro
- 1 tbsp. of roasted Pine nuts
- Place the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the garbanzo bean mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley and Cilantro. Sprinkle roasted pinenuts on top.
What is your favorite hummus recipe? Let me know in the comments below or chime in on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram @everydaybeaut11, or find us on Flipboard at Beauty to the Test magazine.