I love comfortable and convenient products. Usually, I am willing to pay a premium to ensure that I have quick natural and workable products. However, I am also a cheap ass. I hate spending money on simple convenience products that I can whip up in three minutes in my kitchen. So, if you like to spend money supporting your favorite brands and their scrubs…good for you, carry on. If you are like me and just want something that works, well then lets head to the kitchen.
- Granulated sugar
- Honey or Olive oil or Coconut oil- your choice, whatever floats your boat.
- Vanilla Extract
- Small clean jar with a lid
- Fill the jar halfway with sugar
- Add enough oil or honey to just cover the sugar
- Add one or two drops of Vanilla extract
- Mix together, it should be thick and grainy
- If you have a runny product add more sugar
- If you have a dry sugar situation add a bit more oil or honey
- When you have the consistency right (it’s ok to eyeball it, we aren’t mass producing here) apply to lips and gently rub the product in circular motions to exfoliate the lips
- Rinse lips off, or wipe them off, or just lick them clean. ( A dual use product, perfect no?)
- Put a lid on the jar and store it in the refrigerator, use within 3 months.
See how easy that was? You can jazz up your scrubs by adding commercially available flavorings, or keep it simple and roll with it. Total cost is about 3 minutes of your time and dollar worth of cost. Pretty cool. What is your favorite scrub? Do you buy it or make it? Let me know in the comments below, or chime in on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram @everydaybeaut11 or find us on Flipboard at Beauty to the Test magazine.