I found this fantastic recipe by Dawn H at Allrecipes.com. The original looks phenomenal but, I don’t have that kind of time or energy. So, below I present to you a fast and easy soup. Enjoy!
- 1/8 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 5 chicken breasts cubed
- 2 carrots sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery sliced thin
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- 3 (2 inch pieces) of cut and peeled ginger root
- 1 stalk of chopped lemon grass
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/8 cup of chopped chives
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Place chicken in a stock pot. Pour in chicken broth, add vegatables. Add ginger, lemon grass, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and gently simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Stir rice into broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If necessary, adjust with water or additional salt. The congee is done, but can be left to cook an additional 20 minutes for better consistency.
- Ladle congee into bowls, and top with chicken, cilantro, chives, and pepper. Squeeze lime juice to taste.
What is your favorite soup recipe? Let me know in the comments below or chime in on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook @everydaybeaut11. Find us on Flipboard at Beauty to the Test Magazine.