It’s the weekend, let’s cook! I love meatloaf. It is not healthy in most cases, but blue moon comfort food isn’t always a bad thing either. The main problem that I encounter with meatloaf is that everyone wants the crispy end pieces. The solution is to use a muffin tin and make small individual sized loaves. Everyone gets crispy pieces and its all super tasty. I have included a link to the original recipe by Janet Caldwell of Allrecipes.com here. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef ( I use a pound of extra lean ground beef and a pound of chicken or pork or turkey)
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup milk (add a second egg, and omit the milk)
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste, oregano,thyme, rosemary and basil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar no sugar needed
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup ketchup and add 1/3cup of BBQ sauce or just go with 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce and omit the ketchup and the mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the meat, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs and the BBQ Sauce Season to taste and place in a lightly greased muffin cups.
- Pour extra sauce on top for that nice sweet glazed effect
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35-50 minutes, depending on the oven. They are done when juices run clear, test it with a meat thermometer if you are still unsure.
What is your favorite comfort food? Let me know in the comments below or chime in on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook @everydaybeaut11. Find us on Flipboard at Beauty to the Test Magazine.