Welcome to the weekend, let’s cook! I love Asian cooking. I have dietary restrictions that have me Gluten and Dairy free. Below is a modified Coconut soup recipe. The original is linked at the bottom of the page.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 stalk lemon grass, minced
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste( green curry paste will work or yellow)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce ( I omitted the fish sauce completely, I used a small amount of Soy sauce instead)
- 1 carrot cut into small pieces
- 1 celery stalk cut into small pieces
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 chicken breast cut into small pieces
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3 (13.5 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1/2 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. If using chicken cook the chicken completely and set aside. Cook and stir the garlic, carrot, celery ginger, lemongrass, and curry paste in the heated oil for 1 minute. Slowly pour the chicken broth over the mixture, stirring continually. Stir in the fish sauce (soy sauce), pepper and brown sugar; simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Add chicken. Add the shrimp; cook until no longer translucent about 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice; season with salt; garnish with cilantro.
What is your favorite soup recipe? Let me know in the comments down below or chime in on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook @everydaybeaut11. Find us on Flipboard at Beauty to the Test.
Original recipe published on AllRecipes.com by Jessica.