It is the height of the holidays and there is no better time to indulge. These little bites (or BIG bites when I make them) are a perfect treat. They don’t take long to whip up and they are definitely better for you than Sugar Cookies and Cheesecake. I have linked the original recipe by Penny Sugar at the bottom of the page. Below is the recipe I use that is modified for my Gluten and Dairy free restrictions.
- For brownies:
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Protein powder that is Whey and Dairy free
- 2/3 cup raw sugar (Coconut Sugar)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- For peanut butter swirl:
- 1/4 cup Almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir the dry ingredients together (flour, protein powder, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt), and set aside.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl. Stir in the olive oil, one teaspoon vanilla, and chocolate chips.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix well (it will be thick).
- Use a spoon to fill each of the muffin wells just to the top.
- In a small ceramic bowl, mix the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Pop the bowl in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds, until slightly softened.
- Add a dollop of the almond butter mixture to the top of each brownie bite.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
A really easy recipe to follow. I have also been known to make brownie cookies, by using a cookie sheet instead of a muffin pan. When the cookies cool, slather Almond butter on the top of one and make a cookie-brownie sandwich. Add some jam for an extra treat.
What is your favorite brownie recipe? Tell me in the comments down below or chime in on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram @everydaybeaut11. Find us on Flipboard at Beauty to the Test.
Peanut Butter Brownies orginially by Penny Sugar at PopSugar.com