I was admittedly stoked to order this 1.6 fl/oz intense hand cream for $15. This cream comes highly recommended and carries a 4/5 star rating on every site that I have seen it listed. Avene is a brand that is frequently prescribed for patients that have skin conditions and have delicate skin from cancer treatment.
My hands are consistently dry, parched of any life-giving moisture, no matter how much water I ingest. So, thermal spring water holds great promise. The cream itself is lightweight and absorbs quickly into the skin. The appearance of my skin was immediately improved. However, I couldn’t stand the smell.
My stomach has been quite sensitive to scents lately, and this one was strong enough to make me immediately wash off the cream and give the entire tube away. I have been told by the recipient that the cream has no smell and that they have found it to be quite enjoyable. It was particularly well enjoyed in this cooler winter weather. It is worth a try, but give it a whiff first. If you have tried this cream can you please let me know what your experience was with it? Is my stomach turning for no reason?
As described on the Avene website:
- Rich cream to repair dry, cracked hands and nails
- Sucralfate restores and aids recovery process
- Will last through 5 hand washings
- Suitable for children and adults
- Avène Cold Cream Formula nourishes and protects skin
- Glycerin and Avène Thermal Spring Water hydrate skin
- Sucralfate helps restore and facilitate the recovery process
- Avène Thermal Spring Water soothes and softens the skin
AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER, GLYCERIN, MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ALUMINUM SUCROSE OCTASULFATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), BENZOIC ACID, BISABOLOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, CETYL ALCOHOL, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, WATER
You may wish to give this product a pass if:
- You are looking for a cruelty-free company
- You are seeking a Vegan product
- You are sensitive to Mineral Oil
What is your favorite hand cream? Let me know in the comments down below or chime in on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook @everydaybeaut11.