I was in the local pharmacy and picked up this body lotion which was retailing for $25 for 400ml. That breaks down to 6.25 cents per ml. La Roche Posay is a company that is touted for all of its products being safe for sensitive skin, allergy tested, Paraben free, intensely soothing, great for babies and even helpful to cancer patients needing to manage the cutaneous effects of treatment. Based on all those claims the bar is set pretty high.
The fluid itself had no noticeable scent. It applied smoothly and soaked into the skin immediately leaving no stickiness or sheen on the skin.
As described by the La Roche-Posay website:
Dry sensitive and atopy-prone skin.
Children and adults.
Niacinamide to sooth and help restore the cutaneous barrier.
Shea butter and glycerin to replenish lipids and hydrate.
Highly concentrated in La Roche-Posay thermal spring water.
Refreshing, light, ultra-glide on, quick dress texture.
After using the cream every day for 3 weeks, I didn’t notice any significant changes in my skin. It seemed to moisturize and hydrate my skin just as well as drug store brands like Lubriderm. Which was really disappointing. For what I got out of the product I would have actually been better off to get a bottle of Lubriderm, a lip gloss and take myself for lunch. There is nothing wrong with the product, I just didn’t find it to be the most effective or mind-blowing.
Ingredients | Fil code : B159784/2
- AQUA / WATER
- PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL
- CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE
- AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE / STEARETH-25 METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER
- PROPYLENE GLYCOL
- BRASSICA CAMPESTRIS OLEIFERA OIL / RAPESEED SEED OIL
- DISODIUM EDTA
- CAPRYLYL GLYCOL
- XANTHAN GUM
- POLYSORBATE 80
- ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER
- BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER
- PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
You may wish to give this product a pass if:
- You are allergic to Fragrance
- You are allergic to Dimethicone
- You are looking for a cruelty-free company ( they sell in mainland China)
- You are allergic to Mineral Oil
Let me know in the comments what your favorite body lotion is, have you tried La Roche Posay? Chime in on Twitter @everydaybeaut11.