What is it?
- Menthol is made from alcohols of the mint plant (peppermint, spearmint, etc.) and provides a cooling sensation on the skin when applied topically.
Where is it used?
- Lip Balms
- Skin Creams
- Cough Medicines
- Topical pain relievers for muscles
What does it do?
- Provides a cooling sensation and minty smell for face creams
- Improves blood flow when applied topically
- Works as a cough suppressant
- Provides a calming and soothing scent
- The cooling feeling that we experience occurs when the calcium currents along the nerve pathways are blocked. Which gives the body the sensation of cooling, without actually cooling.
- The improvement in blood flow to the skin is what causes lips to appear fuller when a lip plumping product is used
- Very safe, it is extremely unlikely to become toxic in the body
- Smells nice
- Can be irritating to the skin
- Irritating to the eyes
- Not safe around pets