What is it?
- A soft crystal that gives a shimmer to a variety of products
Where is it used?
- Eye shadow
- Automotive Paint
- Drywall compound
What does it do?
- Gives a reflective property to a product to provide a shimmer
- Mined in scraps, flakes and sheets ( Sheets being harder to come by) this soft crystal has been in the news for the mining practices that involve the utilization of child labor.
- Synthetic Mica (Fluorphlogopite) is available on the market
- This eliminates variations in the product
- Eliminates the use of child labour
- Eliminates the risk to workers in the mining process
- Makes everything pretty and shiny
- Workers have health problems from inhalation of the Mica dust
- Child labor is often used in the mining process